With the emergence of COVID19, the world is experiencing unprecedented challenges that could erase all of the 4th Industrial Revolution developments. The pandemic has profoundly impacted the ongoing digital transformation by accelerating the need for countries and individuals to start adopting digital technologies to ensure their basic well-being, and future productivity.
This webinar is co-organized by WISekey, OISTE.ORG and the Trust protocol Association. The purpose of the Trust Protocol Association is to establish a new Trust Protocol for the Internet to create a new Global Trust platform by combining traditional Cryptographic Trust Models with distributed blockchain ledgers. The mission of the Association is to create an ecosystem of governmental, technology and business partners, where each partner represents a node with the possibility of having multiple nodes per country.
|Date & Time
|September 17, 2020
03:00 pm CET
|How to protect Consumers and Brands to stay resilient during the COVID-19 pandemic.
|There are many threats to the makers of luxury goods, licensed sports apparel, wines & spirits, printer ink cartridges, batteries or other valuable products. Counterfeit goods rob them of legitimate profit. Counterfeit products also often lead to bad user experience, damages and even potential health issues Tracking and tracing products through the supply chain is extremely complex and even if their authentic goods make it to their retail locations safe, they still need to find unique ways to engage the end-customer and win their business. So far, the choices have been to protect goods with one technology and attract customers with another disconnected one.
What can brands do to protect themselves?
– Protecting brand equity and revenue while creating new connections with end customers
– Blockchain technology can be very effective as the trusted cloud-based ledger ensures that the identity of the product can’t be duplicated, manipulated or faked, and increased visibility in parts of the supply chain promotes an unprecedented level of trust. It means governments can better protect citizens, while business partners can be certain trading documents are real. Consumers can check the quality and provenance of products, and banks can reduce processing time. And, it’s all paperless. Combining the blockchain technology together with our WISeAuthentic PKI platform, leverage even further the unified way to shield these brands from the harmful effects of illicit trade, while enhancing transparency into their end consumers and the entire ecosystem.
|– Pierre Kauffmann : Blockchain Leader IBM Switzerland & Executive Enterprise Architect
– Anthony Lamy : Partner/ Chief Revenue Officer at Wecan Group
– Frederic Millet : Director Illicit Trade Prevention, Smoke-Free Products – Philip Morris international
– Carlos Moreno : Vice President Corporate Alliances and Partnerships at WISeKey
|Benjamin Stump : VP of Business Development, Brand Protection & Customer Engagement at WISeKey