UNCTAD hosted the Illicit Trade Forum in February 2020 which was open to Member States, stakeholders and UN/ECOSOC observatory members.
Sessions of the two-day event addressed:
- Measuring illicit trade
- The impacts of illicit trade on achieving the SDGs
- The role of the private sector in combatting illicit trade
- Illicit trade and illicit financial flows
OISTE Foundation objectives
- Promote the Anti-Illicit Trade Declaration;
- Strengthen the relationship with UNCTAD in the field of illicit trade and counterfeiting;
- Lobbying with UNCTAD Member States and stakeholders;
- Address concrete questions and topics as observer on the selected panels;
- Intensifying its campaign and position as a Technology NGO in the field of digital identity for persons (Digital Human Rights) & objects (Internet of Things).